Researcher/ Light Microscopy Specialist (m/f/d)
UKE Light Microscopy Facility
Pay grade 13 TV-KAH
Work with your finger on the pulse in a compressed cosmos that is forever changing. A work environment where a person can make a difference because they have the space and environment to implement change and think differently.
· Secure employment in an innovative and family-friendly university medical center in the middle of Hamburg (e.g. on-site kindergarten, free child care during school holidays).
· Opportunity to participate in a wide range of further and additional educational training courses offered by the UKE Academy for Education and Careers, as well as a structured familiarization process.
· Attractive pay structure as well as access to a high-quality health system
· Opportunity to work at the best, state-of-the-art microscopes and to be involved in outstanding scientific projects
This position is initially limited for two years part as part of a project. An extension of this period is envisioned. This is a full-time position (38.5 h/week), which can also be filled with part-time models.
What expects you
· Close collaboration with the UKE research community.
· Developing latest imaging protocols and experimental designs
· Trainings on different microscopy platforms
· Organisation of light microscopy seminars and workshops
· Securing maintenance and development of the core facility equipment
· Supporting the operation of the core facility
What we look forward to
· Successfully completed studies in Natural Sciences with PhD, preferably in the area of Biophysics, Cell Biolology, Biochemstry, Microbiology, Bioengeneering or Biostatistics or comparable skills and capabilities
· Insights in and practical experiences with optical microscopy and imaging systems and latest microscopy techniques
· Very good command of sample preparation techniques for light microscopy
· Ability to teach non-specialists complex ideas
· Experience in a dynamic working environment
· Distinctive social competence, ability to act independently
· Very good oral and written communication skills in English
· Preferably experiences in the area of data analysis and quantification as well as programming skills (e.g. Matlab)
Your contact person:
We offer a work environment that offers everyone the same chances, regardless of age, sex, sexual preference, disability, ethnic background or religion. We are actively trying to increase the number of women in senior roles, especially in research and teaching. In the event of equal levels of qualification, preference will be given to female candidates.
The same rule will apply to all genders when one gender is deemed to be under-represented in the department relevant to the available position.
Severely disabled applicant with essentially identical technical and personal suitability will be preferentially selected.
We look forward to receiving your full application by the reference code 2020-321 through our online portal (link: https://www.uke.jobs/sap(bD1lbiZjPTUwMA==)/bc/bsp/kwp/bsp_eui_rd_uc/main.do?action=to_job_details&back=&pinst_guid=0050569B20E31EEAA9E4F4DF4EF34BD1) until 29.6.2020.