Researcher/ Light Microscopy Specialist (m/f/d)
UKE Light Microscopy Facility
The University Medical Centre Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), is a vibrant healthcare community right at the heart of Hamburg. There is a real buzz of energy here, as progress sets the pace and every day offers fresh experiences. Around 11,000 members of staff with a myriad of roles are united in pursuit of a single aim: human well-being. With more than 140 different professions, we are the ideal place for anyone who loves to work in a flexible environment and is ambitious to advance their own personal development and that of healthcare as a whole.
- Close collaboration with the UKE research community.
- Developing latest imaging protocols and experimental designs
- Trainings on different microscopy platforms
- Cooperation in the organisation of light microscopy seminars and workshops
- Securing maintenance and development of the core facility equipment
- Supporting the operation of the core facility
- Successfully completed studies in Natural Sciences with PhD, preferably in the area of Physics (optics, light microscopy), Biophysics, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or comparable skills and capabilities
- Theoretical and practical experiences with light microscopes and top state of the art light microscopy techniques.
- Very good knowledge of sample preparation techniques applied to light microscopy.
- Ability to teach non-specialists complex ideas.
- Experience in a dynamic working environment.
- Distinctive social competence, ability to act independently.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Preferably experiences in the area of data analysis and quantification as well as programming skills (e.g. Matlab).
- Secure employment in an innovative and family-friendly university medical center in the middle of Hamburg (e.g. on-site kindergarten, free child care during school holidays).
- Opportunity to participate in a wide range of further and additional educational training courses offered by the UKE Academy for Education and Careers, as well as a structured familiarization process.
- Attractive pay structure as well as access to a high-quality health system.
- Opportunity to work at the best, state-of-the-art microscopes and to be involved in outstanding scientific projects.